1) Life Goals: I wish I could tell you I have a Master’s degree, but it’s more like, If I went into a coma right now, I would probably still pass my classes and therefore have a Master’s degree in two weeks. But I still have more work to do to secure a solid grade in my classes and on my final capstone project (I didn’t do thesis track – I’m much more practitioner-minded than research/academia-minded so writing a thesis over creating a practical, applied campaign was not my jam). But what’s new is that I finally feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. So close, and confident I’ll make it.
2) Races: I’m running the Annapolis 10 Miler at the end of August, a week before I head to Disneyland for the Dumbo Double Dare, for some serious Marine Corps Marathon hill training. I found out a few people I run with for Team RWB were doing it so that was all the peer pressure I needed to sign up. I’m so excited to run Annapolis but soooort of dreading the course map. In any case, it’ll be a fun day with actual, solid hill-training for MCM.
3) Swag: I got some exciting mail yesterday! Without giving away my planned costumes for Disney, my costumes are starting to come together. My 10K outfit is 99% done, but a very important finishing touch is still in the works. My mind is reeling with different ways to do my half-marathon costume, but I’ve settled on my character.
4) Friends: Fall race season is upon us and that means I’m not just looking forward to my friends’ races, but I’m so excited: I’ll be spectating several friends’ first races of specific distances. I’ve never spectated a race before. But I have plans to cheer on my roommates at the Parks Half Marathon, friends at the Baltimore Marathon, and possibly even helping friends train for their first 5K’s and 10K’s, which of course I would then go.
5) Entertainment: I am officially addicted to “Scandal.” It took me long enough, but there it is. I’m hooked.
So there you have it, there’s my Friday Five: What’s New. Don’t forget to head over and link yourself up with all of us this week as well! See you next Friday 🙂